Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pretty darn cute

OK, this isn't the cutest thing ever, but it comes close as pretty darn cute.


When I saw these overalls I had to get them for Kate's baby boy-to-be. Kate's shower was in Phoenix over the weekend, which I was unable to attend. But I sent lots of gifts, including the outfit pictured above.

Beanies

I am humming along with my 100% wool beanies. Six done. The Ships Project takes acrylic beanies, too. But they have said no camo, brown, black or gray. Hmmmm.
Top picture: All the beanies I have knitted so far. Middle picture: The 100% wool beanies I have knitted in the past 11 days. I started No. 7 last night. Bottom picture: The acrylic blend beanies I made before I realized that ground troops can NOT have any synthetic fibers. The Ships Project says they will take blend beanies for the wounded and ship troops. But they ask for no black, brown, camo or gray. And look at the colors of my beanies. So ... maybe these will still go to a shelter. Some others have given me some blend beanies that I think I can still send.

7 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

i loved the camo outfit! jason thought it was great too!

i wonder why the ship troops can't wear camo?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Glad you guys liked it. When I saw it I just HAD to buy it.

According the the information e-mail from the Ships Project: Also, the troops have requested that we do not send items with the olive/brown/black jungle camouflage, since it is no longer used in the military.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to get all that info about the caps, Ann. You are a knitting machine!

I'm still so curious what that Ravelry woman was talking about, with the military rejecting caps not knit to gauge. I mean, seriously, are the military inspectors getting out their rulers and counting stitches? I think not. (If so, then perhaps the military needs to re-allocate its resources and get this damn war over with.)

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You are amazing with those beanies! They look great! I just love the cute liottle camo baby overalls! Sounds like a fun weekend. Hugs -M

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:14:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

And Penny, a woman who just started working at Onyx did three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. She said they were just happy to get any cap--they didn't care what the color or whatever.
She is learning to knit so she can help make beanies. I think it is very cool. We will have our first knitting session tomorrow.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great, Ann!

Give me a deadline -- when do you want these caps in the mail to you?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:22:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I have to send them to The Ships Project between Nov. 1-7.
So last week of October will be perfect.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home