Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I wouldn't vote for John McCain even if Bill was his running mate

My dad recently joked with me that if McCain becomes president (gawd, I hope not!) once he kicks the bucket we will have our first female president. This is when I told my dad that I wouldn't vote for McCain even if Bill was his running mate.
I haven't talked much about politics lately. Mostly because I don't care--sad, but true. You all know my true feelings about our current Commander in Chief.
And I am not sure if we should be more scared of McCain or a little less. Either way he is a bad choice for president.
I would never vote for McCain. And I have done about zero research on Obama. From what I do know he has the same feelings I do about important subjects to me: the war, health care, women's rights, education, etc.
And we usually vote for the lesser evil anyway, right? RIGHT? (That's for Faith.)
I don't know much about Palin. But I know just enough to be disgusted. The fact that she is anti-abortion even in cases of rape or incest is all I need to know. That makes my blood boil.

4 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

jason made a good point about palin the other day. she has a 10 month old son that has downs syndrome. she has kept her child out of the public eye because she didn't want to have public comment about her choice to keep the baby even though they new ahead of time that the baby had downs. isn't that the strongest argument for pro-choice there is? the right as a woman and mother to decide how to conduct the business of your family is no one's business (especially the government) but your own. i feel like she's missing that point in her pro-life argument.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 9:49:00 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Uh - I guess thanks for the ode to Faith. Except I like McCain and Palin.

Zero research on Obama? I do a lot of research on all the candidates - I know for a fact John McCain loves this country. He's made good decisions for this country time and time again. Obama freaks me out. He preaches about being his brother's keeper and then let's him starve in Kenya - lovely. He does all this stuff that shows me he doesn't care about this country - and only changes when the media gets on his ass. I think if he is elected president the Democrats are going to be very sorry - he is not a true Democrat. He's somebody that knows how to act, speak and play a part.

Um - I think if Palin wanted to keep her child with Downs Syndrome - that is NONE of our business. yes, they knew ahead of time he had Downs. And no - to some people that isn't the strongest argument against pro-choice. Good Lord.

This is why I haven't been visiting certain blogs lately. I'm not sure why you invited me to this post knowing I'm not a democrat. It's a very insulting post to opposing viewpoints.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan and Emma said...

Great post Ann. I agree!!

And to comment on the comment from hollibobolli: "I think if Palin wanted to keep her child with Downs Syndrome - that is NONE of our business."

That's the exact opposite of what McCain and Palin want to do. They want to take that choice away.

So odd!!! Keep up the great posts Ann!

Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:11:00 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

well said.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home