Tuesday, September 02, 2008

No labor on Labor Day

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day. I was supposed to go to the gym and the grocery in the morning. Uh, nixed that idea around 11 a.m.
I did do laundry and worked on my baby blanket. I am more than half way done with my baby blanket--and I started it Friday evening. I was gung-ho ready to have it done yesterday. But when I knit sometimes my back gets sore. I have weak back muscles and poor posture because I have slight scoliosis. So sometimes sitting can can be painful. Once my back starts to hurt I just lay off the knitting for a bit. Sometimes just a little bit and other times I can't continue anymore for that day.
But I should have it done soon. And I want to have it done soon so I can start on my 100% superwash wool beanies for the troops. I checked the tracking on my yarn and it arrived in the area this morning. So hopefully I will get it delivered today.
Curt and I did have dinner out last night. Our plan was to hit Sushiya. But they are closed on Mondays. We were gonna go to Barclay's--bar food. On the way walking to Barclay's we passed another sushi place that I had eaten at once with Mia. Tachibana--I think is the name. So Curt and I ate there. Very good sushi. Yummy!

3 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

you need a firm pillow to place under your tailbone. it will make you sit more forward therefore less strain on your back. try it!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 12:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's my wrists/forearms that start to ache after a while ... who knew knitting was so dangerous?

Let me know what you think of the yarn. It doesn't seem to split as much as superwash is wont to do, which is good ...

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 6:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun long weekend. Glad to hear the good report on your eyes! Those soldiers are going to get some GREAT beanies... thanks to you!
Hugs -M

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 9:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home