Thursday, September 04, 2008

Ocho Cinco

I have two sources for my sports news: my husband and Sassy Sports with Greg the Gay Sportscaster on my morning drive to work.
Anyway, I had heard Fernando and Greg discuss the fact that Chad Johnson wanted Ocho Cinco written on the back of his Cincinnati Bengals jersey. It couldn't be done because that wasn't his legal name. (And he already has 85 on his jersey!!!) This morning they talked about how he actually legally changed his named to Chad Ocho Cinco. And now he can have it on his jersey.
Click here for some info on Chad Johnson and other name changes.
Oh, did I mention that I think this is dumb!?!

I have legally changed my name twice. When I got married I added Curt's last name to mine. My parents never gave me a middle name. So after I graduated college I legally gave myself a middle name: Soltero. That is my mom's maiden name and still part of her last name. (I thought the process was gonna be a lot easier after watching an episode of Party of Five when Jennifer Love Hewitt's chararcter--Sarah?--legally changed her name. Can't believe everything you see on TV, eh?)

5 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

not just tv. but jennifer love hewitt tv. nice!

Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

It's such a pain I've only done three steps of it. As of right now, the social security office and my two banks know me as Erica Kern O'Neill. To everyone else I am still Erica Kern. Oh well, I'll get to it...

Thursday, September 04, 2008 5:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very honored that you wanted to use
my maiden name... That's my girl!
I made green corn tamales today...
mmmm! Hugs -M

Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

That's sweet. I didn't know that you didn't have a middle name.

Friday, September 05, 2008 1:16:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yes, it is a HUGE pain in the butt to change your name.
And the Social Security office is quite scary!

Friday, September 05, 2008 7:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home