Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Military beanie No. 2 finished ...


No. 3 has been started. I went with navy for my next beanies. Mix up the colors a bit--keep it exciting. :)
I made No. 2 a little wider than No. 1. But then it ended up an inch shorter than No. 1. Penny mentioned on her blog how her second beanie out of the same skein got shortened by the fact that she ran out of yarn. I came pretty close myself.
The pattern calls for 72 sts. I have made mine at 64 and 68. My friend Alonzo at work, who has a big noggin, tried on the beanie with 64 sts. and it fit him. Luckily the yarn stretches out pretty good.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookin' good, Ann!

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Nice! Glad you got the two to be nearly the same size.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home