Thursday, September 11, 2008

Take a moment

I can't believe 9/11 happened seven years ago. Can you? I was living in Phoenix working second shift at The Republic. It was my mom who called about 8 a.m. to tell us what had happened. I was dead asleep. I was confused on what she was telling me. Curt turned on the TV. We just sat there and watched TV all day until we had to go to work.
That was a crazy week at work. We put out a special edition every day. People came in on their days off to help out. I switched back and forth: One day I would work the daily newspaper (we still had to put that out) and the next I would work on the special edition. It was exhausting and tough. But I was proud to be able to put out a good product to keep people informed.
9/11 has a few meanings for me. On 9/11/02 Curt proposed to me. And on 9/11/04 my nana died. Emotional in many ways.
A good cause and a fun bag
I noticed on my Lean Cuisine package this morning that there was a promotion for an insulated lunch bag. So I googled it and found the site selling these cute bags. They are only $9.95, which includes tax and shipping and $5 goes to breast cancer research. What an easy and fun way to support a good cause.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

Do you know how big they are?

I like the third design. And the $9.95 includes shipping? Excellent!

I would like a new lunch bag. The AZR one I have is nice, but it's not that easy to carry (it un-velcros if it's heavy). Plus, someone else has the same one. I just might get it. And it's for a good cause.

Friday, September 12, 2008 6:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are not too lonely without Curt. Joey seems just fine in Curt's chair. Unbelieveable that 7 years ago 9/11 happened!
Thinking of you -M

Friday, September 12, 2008 7:19:00 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

ok, i just realized i was signed into some phantom account. "i have something" is actually me.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

i was wondering who "i have something" was???? :) how weird!
that is the only thing i couldn't figure out about the bags, was how big they are. i figure for the price they can't be too big. probably just enough for a fozen dinner and a bag of carrots and an apple or something like that.

Monday, September 15, 2008 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh, I just found the information in the FAQ (not sure why I didn't look there before).
Question: What are the dimensions of the lunch bags?
Answer: The lunch bags are 7.25” wide at the bottom, 14.25” wide at the top, and 8” deep. The handles are 6” in length.

Monday, September 15, 2008 12:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I guess I didn't look closely enough -- there is another area that gives the size.

Anyway, I bought the floral swirl one today. I'm sure it'll be better than the one I have! Thanks for sharing this deal.

Monday, September 15, 2008 12:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home