Monday, April 28, 2008

Tourism begins

So today while sitting at a pub I noticed 4 different people in running clothes running with backpacks. I wonder if they went to work, changed and ran home?
I have also noticed that a lot of women wear really short skirts and boots. Sometimes together, but not always. And a lot of Ugg wearers. I thought about bringing mine. But I didn't want to bring too many pairs of shoes--so I settled for tennies and docs.
Today Curt and I went to Harrod's. We had lunch there. They have a type of food court called a food hall. It is like a food court but much fancier and not fast foody at all. Curt and I shared a seafood platter. It was really good. Then we did some walking around. We ventured through the sports and leisure sports clothing department. We were cracking up. When I think of sports and leisure I think REI. Sports and leisure at Harrod's is polo, tennis, crocket, etc. Very snobby. We did have a cappucino at a little cafe in the sports and leisure department. You can pretty much have a coffee or beer any where around here. We never did find the cheesy statue of Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed and there was no way we were going to ask. 
(There is a show on called Embarrassing Bodies. And they show everything. No matter the doctor's exam we get to see it. "What may be embarrassing to you is all in a day's work to me," one doctor on the show is quoted saying.)
After Harrod's we did some more walking around. We found a little outdoor cafe to have a snack and drink. Then a little more wandering and a stop at the Angel & Crown pub. We did some people watching, heard an annoying drunk guy sing "She's lost that loving feeling." After the pub we found an Italian Restaurant to have pasta for dinner. The food was really good. Their service was a little lacking.
Tomorrow we are having lunch with a Macworld UK friend. Then tomorrow night drinks with some other Macworld UK friends. They want us to come see their new offices and then out for the night. Should be fun. Get to hang out with my twin, Karen. We share the same birthdate.
Now just a little lying around the hotel room and maybe some tea. Curt bought us some more biscuits (cookies) last night.
Apparently it is national blog commenting day. So please comment, especially if you've NEVER commented. I love to hear from my readers. I am still surprised when I find out people read my blog--they are usually the ones who NEVER comment. So how would I know they read my blog? Yes, this is a cheap ploy to get comments. But c'mon, I am in London on my vacation keeping you all updated. Help a girl out! And while you are at it click on an ad to make me some moola. 

5 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

so how are you bloging? did you bring laptop/iphone? or are you internet cafe-ing it? today i saw someone here in florida wearing uggs. most ridiculous footwear unless it is less than 50 degrees! sounds like you guys are having mucho fun! PLEASE drink a beer for me. really. i want to see in the blog that "today we drank a beer for kate. it was yummy." glasses better clink together too! i love your "biscuit" lingo. are you going to start calling your mo-bile? cheers!

Monday, April 28, 2008 4:54:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

And plant veggies in your back-ard?

Have a great time. And, thanks for keeping us posted.

E

Monday, April 28, 2008 6:48:00 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I remember visiting Harrod's in '99, just two years after Diana's death. Fayed's father had put a giant diamond ring on display -- supposedly it was the ring that Fayed was going to use to ask Diana to marry him. It was freaking huge. Harrod's was an interesting place.

I'm really jealous of your vacation. Definitely have lots of drinks for us -- preferably at the football game so that they might lead to some hooliganism. Heh.

Monday, April 28, 2008 7:45:00 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

Ann's been blogging from my Macbook, which is able to pull in some mysterious open wi-fi network around our hotel. And she's been twittering on my iPhone, which has an int'l data plan. So you can almost track our every step.

Having a great time so far. Oddly, the most memorable moment so far came last night as we walked back to our hotel. We looked up to discover a stunning sunset as the last rays of light poked through over the Thames during a brief break in the clouds.

Sunsets over London. Who would have thought?

Monday, April 28, 2008 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

sounds like you are having a great time. don't forget to enjoy -- don't worry about blogging! (:

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 1:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home