Monday, April 28, 2008

Some observations and other stuff

Taxi drivers here drive really well. It was the first time yesterday that I wasn't scared to be in a taxi. And he was really friendly and chatty. Also there was no trunk you just drag your suitcase(s) into the floor of the taxi. Oh, and the driver doesn't get out to help you. 
There is no ice bucket in our hotel room. But there is a little pitcher to heat up water to make tea. I had my tea last night with milk. It actually wasn't bad.
Sleeping last night kinda sucked. I was wide awake about 1 a.m. London time. I was tired and couldn't fall asleep. Eventually Curt was watching baseball: Tigers and the Angels. About 3 a.m. I decided to take a quarter of my Ambien. (I recently went to the doctor to get a prescription. The last time we were in Europe I was pretty much exhausted the entire two weeks. That sucked.) So eventually I slept pretty well. But we didn't get up today until about 11:30 a.m. London time. We are showered and ready to hit Harrod's. Probably will have lunch there and then look around.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How terrific!...drinking hot tea...English style already! Enjoy yourselves at Harrod's! Have fun!
Hugs -M

Monday, April 28, 2008 11:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home