Monday, March 31, 2008

Good weekend

So Friday night I had my clothes party, which was a lot of fun. The pizza guy had a hard time finding our house for some reason. He called me to ask the address. I told him. He asked me if I was sure that was my address number. Um, yes. I went outside to find him. He was down the street at someone else's house.

Saturday I woke up and my calves were so sore from Kickboxing on Thursday night. There was no way I could go to the gym. I could barely walk. I was cat sitting Snagglepuss (pictured below). So I headed over to check on him and hang out. He is a sweet cat who loves to cuddle. He will cuddle with you like a baby--it is so cute. I hung out with him for a couple of hours reading Us Weekly and watching Lifetime Movie Network. I tried to knit--but that was hard since he wanted to be near me.

I went home and hung out with Curt. I napped since I woke up super early. Then Curt and I headed to Filipos for an early dinner.

After dinner I headed back to check on Snags. At one point I had to use the bathroom ... I am sitting there and he just jumps on my lap. Well, then. HA! After checking on the cat I did a little shopping in Bay Street. I went to Ann Taylor Loft--I had some gift cards and a coupon. I found a great dress to wear to my second cousin's wedding in Tucson in May. After Ann Taylor I went to the Apple store to get a new "skin" for my iPhone and a plastic cover for the screen--I hate fingerprints.

Sunday morning still sore calves. So no gym. Dang! Went to check on Snags. All was good with him.

Yesterday afternoon Joey had a vet appt. It was stressful on Mama and Joey. Not to mention that he pretty much won't let me feed him medicine (that supposedly cats will eat) or stick an ointment in his eye--I totally get that one. You can read his blog about the whole event.

Yesterday evening Curt and I headed to McNally's. I had my first Black and Tan. I am not a Guinness fan. It wasn't too bad of a drink. Curt is trying to gear me up for the beer drinking in Ireland (and England).


It was kinda dark when Curt took these pics with his iPhone. But you get the idea.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. That clothes party seemed like lots of fun! Can't wait to see your dress for the wedding that you got at Ann Taylor. You sort of look like your in a pub in Ireland already! Hope your legs are feeling better from the kick-boxing. Hugs -M

Monday, March 31, 2008 4:18:00 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Dude, Guinness rules. And Black and Tans are awesome. I'm not a big beer drinker, but I love that stuff. I'm jealous of your upcoming trip to the UK. You are going to have a blast.

Oh, and ROCK, CHALK, JAYHAWK!

Monday, March 31, 2008 10:04:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

so i couldn't help thinking when you talked about spending time snuggling the cat and then went home to hang out with Curt, whether he lets you snuggle like a baby too. :O)!!!!

you should try smithwicks beer. very irish, very good. pronounced smit-icks. kind of like sam adams. also not as caloric as guinness. hey so tell me the plan for May/June SATC movie again. might be able to swing it.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 7:23:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yea, Curt doesn't hold me like a baby. :)
Ooooh, I like Smithwicks. That is actually the first beer I ordered Sunday night.
I can't remember the weekend we thought about doing SATC in Phx. But we postponed our trip to Portland until Sept./Oct. so the only weekend I am not free is the weekend you guys are here for Sonoma.
So I say you and I check calendars and see what June weekend works best of us and go from there.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home