Monday, December 10, 2007

3 questions for you

Is this gross or what?

You may have seen this commercial already. It is for Best Buy. The Best Buy gifts are under the tree. Mom and the kids are shaking their BB gifts. Dad tells them they can't open their gifts until after they visit Grandma. So they drive to Grandma's, wave and drive off so they can open their gifts.
What a great message to send, eh? I know many people don't celebrate Christmas for what it is ... the birth of Christ. Whatever your beliefs are it is at least about family and being grateful for what you have. But unfortunately it is pretty much a greed fest.

Should men wear Uggs?

When I was at the airport on Saturday waiting for Alex I saw a guy wearing Uggs. It seemed weird. Do men wear these? For some reason I thought only women wore them.

Why are SOME men such idiots?

After yoga this morning I went to the bank and then the grocery. As I was walking back to my car some guy was yelling out something. At first I didn't realize he was talking to me. Then he was doing some sort of call to me--yes, lovely. Then he kept saying, hola, hola, hola. Then he started making comments about my stretchy (yoga) pants and how good they looked. I just ignored him and walked to the car. But why do some men think that women enjoy this kind of attention? And why did he think he had a right to talk to me that way? Dumbass!

Alex is sleeping in this morning. I have already gotten my morning coffee and pastry at Peaberry's, done a load of laundry, taken a shower, paid some bills, now I am watching "Blood Diamond" from Netflix and knitting a scarf for the person I picked in the Kris Kringle gift exchange. I watched "Waitress" last night. It was a pretty good movie. It was kinda sad, but had its cute moments.
I am taking today off. Not exactly sure what Alex and I will do today. I know he wants to see Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf. He is on his own tomorrow and Wednesday. We will meet Curt in the city for dinner tonight. Maybe Alex and I will have a lazy day around Rockridge and then head to the city later this afternoon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day with Alex. -Mama

Monday, December 10, 2007 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Didn't Napoleon Dynamite wear them? I didn't even know they had a name. Bet they sell them in Made In Oregon store...

Monday, December 10, 2007 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Uggs? Oh yeah. I just don't wear them in public. They were great when I used to have to take Bear out for his bedtime stroll.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 5:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home