Sunday, September 02, 2007

My visit with Ollie ...

Aunt Ann and Ollie having a moment.

oh, and Robert and Leah and Curt, too. :)

Friday

After I got off work on Friday I met Oliver, Robert and Leah at Cato's Alehouse. We had some drinks and munchies. It was a perfect day to hang out.
Afterward we headed home to meet Curt. Curt and Phil had their fantasy football draft to do. So we all hung out for a bit along with Lisa. Eventually Robert, Leah, Oliver and I headed to Crepevine to meet Katie and Mary Flo for dinner. Curt eventually met us after the draft was over. We had a nice dinner and then headed to Pendragon to look at books. I headed to the children's section--I love looking at the kids' books--books I used to read and new books, such as That's Disgusting, which I read to Oliver. I was totally cracking up and falling over laughing and crying. Oliver found that rather funny and shared in the laugher. Once I read the book I had to buy it. (Curt took some pics.)

Saturday

Oliver, Robert, Leah and I headed to Solano (Curt has a throat thing and stayed home to recuperate.) to meet Katie, Mary Flo, Birdie (real name, Anna) and Finn. We did some shopping at Stash, a fuu-fuu yarn store. Then we went to this Cactus place to get lunch. It was insane in there and kinda stressed us out. We met at the Albany Waterfront Trail. This area I had no idea existed. We went on a little hike, saw crazy art, had lunch at the waterfront and then picked wild blackberries. Yum, they are so good!
Afterward we came home to relax and just hang out. Ollie eventually went to bed. So the adults had sushi for dinner (from our favorite Sushiya), beer and watched Zodiac.

Sunday

The 5 of us had a light breakfast at Hudson Street Cafe. Then we walked around the hood a little bit more. Stopped at Bittersweet. Then hit Diesel bookstore. I was happy to find out they have a bookclub. Unfortunately Pendragon doesn't. So I may attend an October book club meeting.
After that we headed back to the house and the Beckidads took off for the airport. Curt took the gang. Oh, before they left we showed Oliver the garden. Leah took video of it. Check out Oliver's blog for more pictures and some videos.

My pictures are here.

Here is a pic of some fresh blackberries in some yogurt I had for a snack while I typed this up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

What cute pics! Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad to hear that you had such a great visit. Enjoy your last day of R & R. Well, before leaving for CT.

Monday, September 03, 2007 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

great pics!

i can't believe that book said something about putting your finger *there*. that's so wrong!

Monday, September 03, 2007 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home