Wednesday, August 22, 2007

10 Fitness Myths Unmasked

I get these e-mails from Beachbody.com. Usually I just delete them. But this one peeked my interest. "Can you turn fat into muscle? Is the morning the best time to exercise? Will you get cramps if you drink too much water when you exercise? Can those ab machines on TV get rid of your pot belly? Spend time surfing the Internet for fitness information and, pretty soon, your head will explode from reading all the contradictions and misinformation about the best strategies to get fit. Here are some of the more popular myths and old wives' tales that have been propagated over the years." Check out 10 Fitness Myths Unmasked to see the answers. Anyway, I thought this was interesting.

Secret Pal

I came into work this morning to find a 12-pack of Vanilla Coke on my desk. My Secret Pal told me she searched HIGH and low to find a six-pack. (I have looked. I don't think they exist.) She also told me she was about ready to buy Classic Coke and a vanilla bean and let me make it.

Flowers

I came back from my yoga workout yesterday (where by the way my teacher told me my Warrior II was beautiful) to find a bouquet of flowers on my desk. Mark, our new compliance manager, sent me flowers to thank me for being his admin. Wow! I thanked him and told him that Paul (compliance director) never sent me flowers when I became his admin. I won't say what Mark called him jokingly. Hee hee. It actually wasn't that bad.
My desk has that wonderful smell of fresh flowers. Love it.
And the orchid my Secret Pal gave me is starting to wilt. I let it "drink" water like Angie told me to do. But I think my black thumb is coming out once again. Dang it!

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I have a green thumb, but orchids are the one HUGE exception.. and I LOVE them.

I freaking loved Vanilla Coke and I haven't thought about it in forever!! I didn't realize it was hard to find - I just haven't bought any.. I guess because I haven't seen it? If I see some I'll snag it for you. I actually fedex'ed someone a case of Dublin Dr. Pepper once when they were pregnant!

I'm going to check out those myths.. it sounds interesting!

p.s. - I tried to add you to linkedin and it wouldn't let me.. because I only have like 3 people on there! pftz!

Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:48:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Thanks for sharing those myths. My favorite one was about lifting light weights with a lot of reps to create lean muscles. That's what I want for my arms. So now I don't feel bad that I'm just pulling 10 pounds instead of 25.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 2:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home