Tuesday, August 21, 2007

OK, now check out Marilyn's tomatoes



Ed e-mailed these to me saying, "these pics are not intended to make you feel bad, but rather to show you a portion of our crop. "
I still had to laugh. I would like to point out that my lovely mother-in-law is a Master Gardener and has been gardening much longer than her daughter-in-law. And I think the Midwest is a way better place to grow your tomatoes. Most of our tomates are to size and just need to turn red. And none of them are as big as these pictured.
Also Ed pointed out, their garden has 18 tomato plants and mine and Curt's has 6.
He said Grandma Phyllis canned 14 quarts yesterday. And apparently there are still about this many left on the vines in the garden.
Now those are some tomatoes, eh?

3 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

the tomato comparison is hysterical. Although I can't stand tomatoes - eek.

Faith and I just finished looking at your pics - I'm so jealous. You look amazing.. we like the chipmunk.. and the beaver (is that a beaver?) with the daisy. so cute! It looks like a blast!!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:16:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yea, the tomato difference cracks me out!

Glad you two enjoyed the pics. Yes, we were all very excited over the squirrel or chipmunk or whatever that little guy was. The animal eating the daisy was a marmot--some sort of honkin rodent i think.

Here is what Wikipedia has to say about marmots: Marmots are members of the genus Marmota, in the rodent family Sciuridae (squirrels).
Marmots are generally large ground squirrels. Those most often referred to as marmots tend to live in mountainous areas such as the Sierra Nevada in the United States or the European Alps. However the groundhog is also properly called a marmot, while the similarly-sized but more social prairie dog is not classified in the genus Marmota but in the related genus Cynomys.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help my dirty copy-editor mind. I thought the first picture is funny because of where she is holding the tomatoes.

All those tomatoes. I'm jealous.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 11:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home