Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Check out Ann's tomatoes


Curt picked the 3 tomatoes that were ready to be picked. Here I am holding them. Nice, huh? Anyway, last night for dinner we had cod filet (made on the George Forman grill) and green beans. I also sauteed the tomatoes in garlic and olive oil and put them over my beans. Yum! That was a really good idea if I do say so myself.
Joey's Excellent Adventure--short lived
Saturday Curt was on the phone with Rachel standing next to the front door. (We have crappy cell phone service at home. So you either have to be outside or really close to outside.) Anyway, he is on the phone and looks out the screen door and sees Joey looking at him. Then says, Uh, Ann, your cat is outside. I go out there and sure enough Joey is out there. How in the H did he get out there? At that point I realized I hadn't seen him since I vacuumed. He hates the vacuum and hides. (While I am following him [you can't run after him or he will run, too] to the backyard (which is really our parking slab) I think about the twin cat in Phx. that Curt and I tried to abduct. Our neighbors had a cat that looked almost like Joey--except the doppleganger had a nip out of his ear and a different meow. Other than that they looked the same.) Well, no twin cat this time, it was really Joey. I grab him and take him back into the house. Then I am trying to figure out how he got out. Curt finally realizes that the cat had to have launched himself out of our kitchen window. There is no screen. But I never thought Joey could get out. There is something in front of the window--kinda like a dresser that we keep kitchen stuff in. And it is pretty high up. But he gets up there because now I have seen him looking out the window (I guess dreaming of that one time he was free). The window is the one I am standing in front of with my tomatoes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

That story reminds me of the time I opened our living room blinds and saw a black Chow sauntering down the street! Casey hadn't shut the gate and Oso found his way out. I felt so lucky that I happened to look outside that very minute or I would have missed him, much like Curt would have if he hadn't been standing by the door. I'm so glad to hear that Joey is back in captivity...safe and sound.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Is Joey pretty good about you letting him grab him back inside?

Saturday, August 25, 2007 11:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home