Friday, July 20, 2007

We'll miss you Bear!

Bear and our newphew Jackson having a moment together.
Is this a great picture or what?

Bear was Curt's parents' (Ed and Marilyn) dog. He first belonged to Curt's brother, Craig. But farm life suited Bear much better.
Well, Bear got older (he was about 13) and lately he just hasn't been doing well. So today Bear was put to sleep.
He was a kind and sweet, good and loyal dog. He will be missed.
I remember one night when we were visiting there was a thunderstorm. Bear was a scaredy cat when it came to storms. He was sleeping in the basement with Curt and me. He kept jumping up next to the bed and sticking his big wet nose in my ear. I could not stop giggling.
He also loved to swim. One day Curt and I took a walk on the farm with Bear. We walked by the pond and he jumped in and swam to the other side.
He also loved to catch tennis balls.
He was a good boy. At least he is no longer in pain.
All dogs go to heaven, right?

7 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

It's a sad day, indeed. :-(

Friday, July 20, 2007 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

Aww, I'm so sad to hear that. He was a good boy, I'm sure, and your family is lucky to have shared time with him. All dogs do go to heaven.

Friday, July 20, 2007 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Yes, all dogs do go to heaven. I can't imagine heaven without dogs, especially Bear and Oso (I guess that is really Bear and Bear!). Please extend my condolences. I know how difficult it is to lose such an important member of the family.

Friday, July 20, 2007 4:07:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

I like to think all dogs go to heaven, too.

Friday, July 20, 2007 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I can hardly stand to read this.. I don't even want to think about how I will feel if (note the use of the word "if") something happens to Nate Nate.

I'm so sorry. I'm glad Bear is in heaven now. And yes, I believe all dogs go to heaven. All my furbabies are waiting to greet me someday.

Hugs.

Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

I have had many dogs in my lifetime but Bear had the sweetest spirit and disposition of any of them. His registered name was Circle P Crashing Bear, but he was "Bear Man" to me. I will miss him terribly.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 12:25:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

P. S. Thanks Ann for remembering my good friend.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home