Thursday, July 12, 2007

You Spin Me Round ...

... not quite like a Record.
I took a beginner spin class at the gym last night. Talk about killer! I took a spin class a long time ago when we still lived in Phx. and that class kicked my butt. Thankfully my gym has a half hour class for newbies. Let's just say I will be taking the beginner class for a long time. The instructor told us the regular class is 4 times as hard. OK, just discourage me to take that one why don't you! (My co-worker Judy and I took the class together. That made it a little easier, too.)
It was an amazing cardio workout. I was sweating like a pig and concentrating on my breathing and holding my body the right way on the bike. It was a lot of work.

Secret Pal

When we had our admin off-site we talked about doing a Secret Pal drawing. A lot like Kris Kringle or Secret Santa. So we all filled out a questionaire--which I thought was a great idea. We drew names and received the questionaire for our person. Today when I came into work my Secret Pal had left me a mini bouquet of flowers with a note that reads: Ann -- Roses are read Violets are blue Daisies are pretty Hydrangeas are too! Your Secret Pal
Anyway, we are supposed to leave a little something for our friend at least once a week. We will have a revealing lunch in September.
The flowers really brightened my day. My Secret Pal must know I love have fresh flowers on my desk.
I have a lot more in common with my person than I realized--that is all I will say.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Good for doing the class!
I'm sure you'll get to the advanced class in no time.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

I haven't been brave enough to try a spin class yet, but I have found that cycling will whip you into shape quickly!
And I love the secret pal idea! How fun!

Thursday, July 12, 2007 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

stef--i am sure you could totally do a class with all of your cycling experience lately.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I love the Secret Santa idea. I might suggest that at my office...and the idea of the questionnaire is great.

I'm so happy you posted about spin. When doing physical therapy I saw the people taking class and admired them from afar. Sometimes I see the people at the Y and I also admire them but am also intimidated. Maybe I'll try it...at least the beginner class. I would love to be whipped into shape quickly! : )

Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:35:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

If you want the questionaire we used, let me know.
Yea, the instructor was actually saying many people don't take spin because they are intimidated--hence the beginner class. I suggest taking one if your gym offers newbie class.

Friday, July 13, 2007 8:16:00 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Yes, please send the questionnaire. Did you impose a price limit? I know that money is an issue for a few co-workers so buying several gifts could be a problem.

I think I'm going to give spin a try! This morning I did the elliptical and weights at the Y and am going to yoga with a friend at 5:30. I'm already sore...I think I'll be super sore tonight! (In a good way though).

Enjoy Vegas.

Friday, July 13, 2007 3:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home