Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What to write about?

I don't have much to report. Life has been pretty uneventful lately.
Though I did book plane tickets to go back home for Thanksgiving. Starting Nov. 4 Southwest will offer a nonstop flight from Oakland to Tucson!!!!! Yes, it is only once a day. But how great is that? So, going out there the Wednesday before Thanksgiving we take the nonstop that leaves Oakland at 6:10 p.m. Coming back we won't be N/S since that flight leaves Tucson at 7:55 a.m. and we want to maximize our short visit there.
And last week Curt pulled up a few carrots to see how they are growing. They are small, but they look and taste like carrots. I also pulled the last of the onions. We decided to plant some more radishes. And the tomatoes are going crazy. I will wait until they are a little bigger before I take more pictures. But we are gonna have a lot of tomatoes!

5 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'm not sure if carrots are supposed to be cute - but those are cute carrots!!!

I love the green part of onions.. I used to think those were chives. I always cut them up when a recipe called for chives. DUH!!!

I wish I could share your excitement about tomatoes.. I just do not like them. I'm the only one in my family.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Holli,

You are a quick commentor or commenter?
Anyway, yes, they are cute carrots. OK, I thought the green part of the onion was a chive. Someone told me that!
It's funny, Curt doesn't like tomatoes either. But he is still excited about them growing. Oh, maybe I can set up a tomato stand in front of our house and sell tomatoes.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Too bad tomatoes don't ship. I'd take some!

How do you know when carrots are ready to be plucked anyway.

And wait. You mean to say that the green part ISN'T chives? I need to look that up now.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

After more searching than I would like to admit to I found an answer to our chive/onion question. Wikipedia was not that helpful, btw.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Growing-Vegetables-740/Green-onions-Chives-Scallions.htm

Anyway, they are very similar. And I have used the green part of the green onion when a recipe calls for chives. They are a lot cheaper.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 3:12:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I don't like raw tomatoes either. I love them cooked but raw ones task like dirt or grass (or what I imagine dirt and grass to taste like!).

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home