Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Back 50 years or more?

Women's rights have always seemed to be in jeopardy. It's 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Women's rights have come a long way--but there is still such a long way to go. With a nominee like Judge John Roberts our rights are in jeopardy even more so.
I am, of course, a liberal. But I thought a moderate nominee would be fair for conservatives and liberals.
But Bush was not thinking that way. He wants to strip us of any rights. Apparently he wants more unwanted children in this world, alley abortions and more hungry families to feed.
Now I know not everyone is OK with abortion, and I respect that. I am pro-choice all the way. But if I were faced with the decision I don't know if I could go through with one. But I, and all women, should have that choice.
As my friend Jen said in her blog, here is the address to sign MoveOn's petition to let our senators know that we expect them to oppose this nominee.
I am scared to even think what would happen if Roe vs. Wade is overturned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home