Monday, July 18, 2005

Girls' Night In

I just recently finished a book called "Girls' Night In." I had bought it for my friend Stephanie as a going away gift when she moved to Salem. I decided to get it for myself. It is a book of short stories. And there are some hilarious ones in there. Some stories are a little odd or weird. But for the most part I thought it was a great collection. You should check it out.
Speaking of short stories my friend Bryn and former co-worker is a writer. I came upon one of her short stories online. I thought it was a great, well-written story, which I enjoyed a lot. And I want to share it with you. READ.
I have now started on "The Secret Life of Bees. I have only read the first chapter and I already love it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I loved, loved, loved The Secret Life of Bees. I knew I was going to love it as soon as the 2nd page. I loved when she talked about what she would do when she met her mother....for the first thousand years she would do this and then for the next thousand she would do this...

I read the author's second book and I didn't like it as well.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 5:25:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

i think stephanie said the same thing about the other book. but yes, i love bees. i was entranced the moment i started reading.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 5:41:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

Couldn't put 'Bees' down! The second book, indeed, was annoying & not good...

But BRYN is good! I've found some other stories of hers online before, and she's so great :-)

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 9:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home