Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Snakebite

So we went to a Giants/D-Backs game last night. While you all in Phoenix and surrounding areas are melting I was wearing a longsleeve shirt and wool sweater to the game. Luckily this time the spot we sat in was much warmer. So I had little use for my scarf, jacket and gloves.
I did not have garlic fries this time. I am sorry to say, but the ballpark's garlic fries are just OK. The frozen garlic fries I got at Trader Joe's are better. Anyway, it was nachos and Hefeweizen for me. (Hey Ed! That's the beer you like but can never remember the name.)
We actually stayed for the whole game. Usually we leave in the 7th inning. But since we weren't crunched over trying to stay warm it was easier to stay till the end.
Well, the D-Backs beat the Giants 6-4. Woo-hoo! I was gonna wear my Gonzo jersey, but I was worried I would be humiliated. That doesn't mean I am a fairweathered fan. I cheered for them all throughout the game. I just didn't want to get beat up. But Curt noted that in our section I would be OK. So next Giants/D-Backs game ... in September.
Old Navy had fireworks afterward. We didn't stay for that. But we walked back to Curt's work to pick up our stuff and watch the fireworks from the balcony of his work building.

2 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

did i ever tell you about the time i went to an "a's" game in oakland? it was last fall when a group of us designers were in town for the snd conference... we ended up taking the wrong bart over there and were really late for the game. we were *freezing* and in the nose bleed seats. and the a's lost... so considering all that, i'm really glad that you guys enjoyed your game! isn't it weird to bundle up in the middle of june?

do you have plans for the fourth of july? the fireworks in s.f. are beautiful, but definitely bring lots of layers!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 4:21:00 PM  
Blogger thanida said...

If we are searching some thing in which we are expecting to to get effective of use full knowledge than we will surely go to the on this article and blogs.
เว็บย่อลิ้ง
เว็บย่อลิ้งค์
ย่อลิ้ง
ย่อurl
ย่อเว็บ

Monday, September 30, 2019 4:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home