Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy 5th of July!

Curt and I had a nice relaxing weekend. We decided to keep it low key since last weekend was anything but.
I did a lot of knitting ... got to get those birthday presents done and start on Christmas gifts. After scoas (part scarf, part boa) I am gonna work on baby blankets and wraps. The nice thing about the scoas is mistakes don't show up as much. But with my wraps and blankets I will have to be more precise. But I have to say I am getting better and faster at my knitting. I really enjoy it. Before we know it I will be making sweaters.
We did clear out our spare room and put a bunch of stuff in our storage unit. Now you can actually see the floor in the spare room and there is room to lay out the blow up mattress for all of our guests. (We have had more people visit us here than we did the 3 1/2 years in Phoenix. Phoenix ... San Fran/Berkeley. I know, which would you choose?)
Yesterday we went to Oakland (Jack London Square) to watch fireworks with our downstairs neighbors, Jim and Jennifer. They are new to the area, too. I have never had to wear a sweatshirt to a fireworks show. It was rather chilly. The show was pretty good. Except for the kid who screamed everytime a firework exploded (or whatever it is they do). There were some smiley face fireworks--pretty cute. There were booths and stuff, too. Some food to eat and stuff to drink. Not a bad little set up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Woohoo! An empty guest room and air matress...we're ready!

I was glad to read your email. I was concerned because you hadn't written in a few days, and am pleased to hear that all is well. My phone is up and working again so I will call. What time do you get home from work?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:19:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I just hadn't had much to write about. We took it easy over the weekend.
i usually get home about 530 or so. Talk to you soon. :)
And we are looking forward to your visit in August!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 9:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home