Friday, May 20, 2005

Giants vs. A's

Tonight Curt and I saw the Giants vs. the A's. As you all know I have a heated hatred for Barry Bonds. So that means I hate the Giants. So that makes me an automatic A's fan. Curt bought the tickets from a guy off Craig's List. (Craig's List is how we found our apartment, sold Curt's bike and sold our extra fridge in Phoenix.)
After work I came home and changed--made sure I had lots of warm clothes. Then I headed for the BART station. I met Curt at work and then we walked over to the ballpark.
I had garlic fries at the ballpark. They were good, but I still think Triple Rock's are the best.
So, at a ballgame in Phoenix they have a guy walking around selling margaritas strapped to his back. In San Fran they have a guy selling hot coffee strapped to his back. Plus, I was wearing a long-sleeve shirt, fleece jacket thingie (kinda light) and my Oregon winter coat and I was still a little chilly. And we were in the less windy part of the stadium. Now in Phoenix I would wear a T-shirt, shorts and take a sweatshirt or sweater for when I got cold because they blasted the coolers there.
Speaking of Phoenix, it is supposed to hit 113 on Sunday and Monday and it is only May. That is just insane. Now Phoenix gets hot, but May is usually the month it hits a 100 and that is it. June is 105ish and then July is the hot tamale. And you don't even want to be there in August. It cracks me up when people say it is a dry heat. The monsoons bring a decent amount of humidity. Thirty to 40% humidity when it is 110 is just awful.
Oh, and in case you are wondering, the A's won, 8-4. Though we left a little early since I was chilly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, it was hot today. To escape the heat I spent the afternoon in the refreshing cool of the movie theater. Cool theater, warm popcorn, icy soda...can't get much better than that! : )

Saturday, May 21, 2005 9:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home