Monday, May 09, 2005

Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

Curt and I were very good and sent out our Mother's Day cards early. We chatted with Grandma Phyllis, my mom and Curt's mom, Marilyn, on Sunday. My mom was in New York with Fred, my stepdad, celebrating their 5th anniversary. They got back to Tucson tonight--safe and sound.
My friend Stephanie said that she has noticed a theme on my blog postings ... Curt and I are actually doing stuff together. Crazy, ain't it? We actually have dinner together at night and spend our weekends together.
So Saturday Curt and I headed to Alameda--a little island south of Berkeley. They were having a street fair in their downtown. So we checked out the booths and then had some bratwurst. We sat at a table with some really annoying people: Two men and a woman. And these grown men were having a conversation about Paris Hilton and the fact that she and Nicole Ritchie are no longer friends. Unfortunately I can't remember any of their other annoying conversations. But I really wanted to tell them to Shut Up!
After our bratwurst--I had mine with sauerkraut--we took a walk around part of the town or city--not sure which it is. It was a beautiful day. And Alameda is a super cute place. The houses are really nice. There seems to be more room in Alameda than Berkeley or San Fran. Houses are bigger and most people have driveways. Here things are tight and houses are smaller. And most people park on the street. As we took our walk we came upon a Kentucky Fried Chicken--yes, NOT a KFC. They actually had a sign on the building that said Kentucky Fried Chicken. Guess they didn't want to lie to anyone. Like we don't know what KFC means. HA! So after that we headed to Starbucks for drinks and back to the car. We drove around a little and then came back to Berkeley.
Sunday we had two minor earthquakes in the East Bay. The first one woke me up. Our building shook--but not even a rattle from our dishes. The second one happend while I was doing crunches with Maya during my workout with Yourself!Fitness. The second one seemed more like thunder to me. It was raining Sunday. I would prefer to never experience a natural disaster in my lifetime. But living here I just may not be able to prevent it.
Who is this anonymous who commented on my Target post? You already want to move to the Bay Area. And now because of the cart escalator at Target you want to even more. :) My only guess is that this is Kate or Jen? OK, that was two guesses. So my guess is Kate.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with the comment, but it wasn't me :-)

Monday, May 09, 2005 9:15:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

Sounds like you had a very full weekend.... two earthquakes already! You don't have any pictures or bookcases hanging near your bed, do you?

Monday, May 09, 2005 10:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KFC's gross sales have been down so much lately that they have decided to go back to their original (pardon the pun) name Kentucky Fried. I read an article about it just the other day on one of the sites I frequent. Since the "low carb" craze seems to be fading, they thought it was time to regain name recognition. Sounds like Alemeda is a place that would be fun to visit when we come to see you all. I'm sure Marilyn would love it.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yea, right after I typed that Jen I figured it wasn't you. So I am waiting for Kate's response. :) And you really usually agree with Bill M. on movie reviews? We used his reviews in Salem and we laughed at him all the time cuz he is such a snob. He didn't give either Bridget Jones movie a good review. He never does with chick flicks. Hello?!!? Get a different reviewer or go out on a limb and try to get perspective buddy!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The anonymous comment was from me (Erica). I didn't mean for it to by anonymous, it just got posted before I could figure out how to add my name!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 6:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It happened again...arg! Do I sign in as a blogger even if I don't want to set up my own site...as you can tell I am new to this blog stuff. (or is it blogging? He He). From Erica.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 6:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo...it worked...!!!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 6:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home