Sunday, May 15, 2005

Everyone LOVES me!!!

So my dad was telling me the other day that he was at The Republic for meetings. He said different people kept coming up to him and asking how I was doing. Even people I really don't know. He was rather flattered by it. I asked him if he was telling people that I am working to cure cancer. That makes my job sound more glamorous.
Speaking of my job ... my supervisor has been on vacation. So I have picked up some of her duties. I work more with the lawyer right now. He is very nice and so down to earth. He takes the time to explain things to me so I understand the way things work around there better. I really appreciate it. Well, Friday he and I were chatting. He asked me what my situation was at Onyx. I told him that the paralegal (my supervisor) had requested a temp for 4-6 months. He told me that with all the stuff going on at the company we would likely be getting much busier very soon. He wasn't sure if this was something I was interested in. But he more or less told me that if I was interested there would probably be a permanent place for me there. He told me I should start familiarizing myself with a few confidential documents and then I can start producing them myself. It feels good when someone can tell that you are a hardworker and competent to deal with more than filing and making travel plans. He has never once treated me like a lowly temp. One day his wife was in the office and he made it a point to introduce us.
So, does that sound like everyone loves me? You all know how self-centered I am. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home