Saturday, April 30, 2005

Week 3 down!

So I have completed three weeks of work. It is going well. The work is feast or famine. And famine seems to be kicking in more lately. So I try to appear busy. I have kinda mastered that. But I like the people I work with. Onyx Pharmaceuticals celebrated their 13th anniversary on Tuesday. They had a little party. There was lots of food to eat and drinks. Though most of the peons didn't dare grab any alcohol. Neither did I. A coke was just fine. But they had drawings and everyone got a nice fleece jacket--even me, the temp. I was surprised. And my jacket is nice and warm. Good for trips back to Missouri when it is cold. I can take it with me when we go to Albany at Thanksgiving time.
My knitting is coming along. I took a class last Sunday. I learned how to purl. I kinda hate it. But I am getting better. It is coming along. Before my friend Mary knows it she will have her belated birthday gift (maybe a month or two late).
Our friend Ken should be in town soon. He is passing through town. Not sure what we will do. Probably just hang out. We have plans to meet another friend for drinks later in Marin.
I have started working out again. So here is my plug for Yourself!Fitness ... again. You know how I have said it is great. And it is. I am gonna get in shape ... really, this time. It is such a great workout. I don't like the cardio workouts--but I know they are good. And they really aren't that bad. Maya kicks my butt. You should check it out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you on starting up on workouts again! i've been going with deb once a week (give or take a week) to her trainer, kathy. she's really tough but also really positive... so that is nice! the job sounds like they really value their employees -- i'm glad to hear you're enjoying everything! :-)

Sunday, May 01, 2005 6:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home