Monday, February 07, 2005

A great weekend in Tucson

So Curt and I headed to Tucson on Saturday morning. We attended a UA basketball game against Stanford. That was a Christmas present from my dad. Fourth year in a row we have gotten tickets to the game--front-row seats. We attended the game with my dad and his girlfriend, Dewanne. They sat in the second row. It was a great game. And the Wildcats won.
Afterward we headed to my dad's. My brother, John, and cousin Alex came over. We grilled steaks and had a great dinner. Then John had to head to work. The rest of us played cards. For Alex playing this type of Rummy for the first time he did pretty d*mn well.
The next morning Curt and I were woken up by a horribly loud alarm clock. It literally made us jump out of bed. Well, I made the mistake of hitting the snooze bar. That d*mn thing gave me a second heart attack. Learned my lesson and turned it off!
My mom and stepdad hosted a family farewell brunch for us at their house. It was really nice. Great food--of course. And some people were so kind as to get us some gifts.
After that we headed back to Phoenix--we had to be home on time for the Super Bowl. About 10 minutes before we got home we were hit by a huge rain storm. Man, you could barely see. But we got home safely. And home in time for the Super Bowl, which I didn't watch. I watched Lifetime movies.
I started pulling out boxes last night. When we moved from Oregon to Arizona The Republic moved us. So we still have the professional moving boxes. They are good stuff. I just packed a bunch of books in the book boxes. Nice and strong.
I just finished getting book shelves and sorta the spare room bed ready for Jen & Dave. They are coming over tomorrow to definitely take the bed and hopefully some of the shelves. Not sure how many of them will fit in the truck with the bed.
OK, I am off to enjoy a beer (I earned it after my hard work of packing and rearranging a bunch of cr*p in this pit of a house. Our house is such a mess. The cat, Joey, loves it!) and to watch a new Lifetime Original movie: More Sex and the Single Mom, a sequel to Sex and the Single Mom that came out last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home