Sunday, January 02, 2005

Ringing in the new year

Well, Christmas is over ... Even though I enjoy Christmas (well, when I am not working) I am always relieved when the holidays are done. That means life can go back to normal.
Curt's parents and grandma came for a long weekend the weekend of Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve in Phoenix. It was very relaxing. We watched some movies, had our shrimp dinner and opened presents.
Then we went down to Tucson on Christmas morning. We spent half the day at my mom's house and half the day at my dad's. They were great celebrations. Here are some pictures that Ed (Curt's dad) took. I haven't put mine up yet but will soon.
New Year's Eve Curt and I both worked. Hey, when you get Christmas and Christmas Eve off in the newspaper business you gotta work some of the other holidays. I was off work before midnight. But I just came home and stayed on the couch watching TV. There was a Law & Order: SVU marathon. Woo-hoo! I must be getting old.
New Year's day I took down all of our Christmas decorations and the tree. Lots of pine needles to clean up.
Well, that's about how exciting it gets around here.
Happy New Year everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

Sounds like you had a fun holiday season! Glad you got to see all your family, too. :) Don't you miss those cold Salem Decembers, tho? ha...

Sunday, January 02, 2005 10:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home