Wednesday, December 01, 2004

2 friendly visits and robberies

Our friend Kate was here for the Thansgiving weekend. Curt & I and a group of friends had drinks with her Thanksgiving night at George & Dragon. We had a good time and actually stayed till almost 2 a.m. (the new Arizona bar time).
I worked that night at The Republic. Curt ended up getting the night off. But he came in and had dinner with me. We were served Boston Market.
Kate and I went to Target the next day. Yes, I know. You are thinking I am nuts. But I wanted to spend every moment I could with Kate. And we went close to 4 p.m. so all the nuts were gone. Friday evening my friend Shelly and her twins, Hope and Jade, flew back from a visit to Conneticut. We hung out, had dinner and watched movies. Then Saturday we saw "The Incredibles." Great movie. It is hilarious. Good for adults and kids!
Oh, and we had our new washer delivered late afternoon on Friday from Sears.
Monday night we had a get-together for Kate and a few friends. We had a good time snacking and drinking beer and we even played a little "Sex and the City" trivia.
We found out Tuesday night that a co-worker and his wife were taking a stroll through the Willo District on Friday night. And they were mugged by gunmen. Luckily they were not hurt, just a stolen wallet. But these guys have been involved in multiple robberies. And one was close to our house at Encanto Park. Well, the guys were caught and confessed to the robberies and were involved in one killing. Glad they are off the streets!


1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

Wow, glad you had lots of visitors, but jeez- how scary about the robberies!! Which coworker?? Glad they caught the guys tho!

Thursday, December 02, 2004 1:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home