Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Learning lots

My co-worker Melissa and I attended a training in the city. The two of us recently became supervisors at work and we are looking for ways to learn as much as we can. I attended a training in January that was called Making the Transition from Staff Member to Supervisor. It was excellent and I learned a lot.
Today Melissa and I attended Leadership and Management Skills for Women. The trainer was fun and funny and made the day interesting. We learned a lot (personally, I think this training could be two days).
Just learning different ways to approach situations is amazing .... how easy it can be by just changing your approach and the way something is said. I tend to be passive aggressive, which gets me nowhere and pretty much just upsets me even more.
I really appreciate my company for making learning, furthering your education and training an important part of work and improving yourself.
Yesterday my week was already crazy and nuts. And the idea of being gone a whole day for training stressed me out. But knowing that taking care of me--whether that is leaving work at a reasonable hour or making sure I make it to the gym regularly or take a training to better myself at work--needs to be a priority.
And I will try to take on the rest of my week with stride, grace and style.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your training sessions sounded very fruitful. It is hard being a supervisor and not get too stressed. Glad that your job appreciates you enough to educate and train you more!
That little Joey is quite the little rascal! Hugs -M

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 6:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home