Monday, February 21, 2011

Relaxation and fun all rolled into one ... 3-day weekend

My weekend started out with dinner with two good friends, Sue and Alicia. The three of us used to work together and still get together at least three times a year to celebrate our birthdays. We were celebrating Sue's birthday and she picked the Jonga House for dinner. We cooked our own meat and had many sides. The food was amazing and reasonably priced.
Saturday I hit the gym for an hour and a half. I skipped my third class at the gym as I had a lot to do. After the gym I hit the grocery and then home to get ready and make some salsa. Our first appointment was at 2 with our tax person. That took almost two hours. Afterward we headed to Monica and Malcolm's new house for their housewarming. Then came home for about a half an hour and then off to another party (yes, we are so popular). My friend Jennifer was having a "spin social." The food was amazing and the company was a blast. We ended up moving a dining room table for a dance floor.
Sunday I decided to be lazy and skip yoga. Curt and I headed to Phil and Lisa's for some soccer, Chinese food and to hang out with Baby Bea. She is so much fun--she is really getting a personality right now and I really enjoyed hanging out with her and, of course, her parents. The rest of Sunday was lounging and TV watching, napping, movie watching, etc.
Today I spent this morning doing stuff around the house. I attended my regular noon spin class. After class I came home to get cleaned up, some more stuff around the house and some more lounging.
My friend Alex, who I used to work with, has taken some time off to travel. She is home this month taking a break. I was lucky to spend a few hours with her.
This evening has also entailed some lounging.
Trying to mentally prepare myself for work again ... for tomorrow. Bleh. If only I could be a lady who lunches.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun 3 day weekend! Glad you had time to relax too! It was good chatting with you. Hugs -M

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dinner at jonga house was yummy! glad to hear that you enjoyed the 3 day weekend!

alicia

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home