Sunday, February 27, 2011

Warming my heart amidst the "snow"

Well, we didn't get snow in the Bay Area. I guess that isn't true. The Twin Peaks area got flurries. But nothing around us or even in San Francisco.
But Tucson got snow this morning. Real snow. Snow that stuck.

As all of the you hundreds (ha ha) readers I have ... you know that I knit. And I have tried to take my knitting to more of a charitable level. I have knitted many beanies for troops along with friends and my mother-in-law.
A high school friend of mine who I am friends with on Facebook has a husband who is in Afghanistan. I asked her if he would like a handknit hat from me. I made him one and sent it about a week ago. He got it this past Friday. I received a message from him on Facebook and a note on my Facebook Wall from his wife. I enjoy making hats for the troops, but I never know who actually gets the hat made from me. It made me feel really good to know who got it. And to hear how much it meant to him and that it kept him warm that first night. It warmed my heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

You're too modest. Your charitable endeavors are to be envied. Not just the hat knitting, but the other charitable donations you make. It makes us proud.

Monday, February 28, 2011 5:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's great! i really enjoy knitting hats for the troops.

take care.

alicia

Monday, February 28, 2011 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks, Ed. I appreciate that.
I enjoy making the hats for the troops, too, Alicia.

Monday, February 28, 2011 9:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home