Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thought I found the cure for jet leg ...

Which is to:

  • Work 12 1/2 hours on your first day back at work
  • Get home about 8:30 p.m.
  • Eat a meat and cheese (cheese from Holland) plate prepared by your husband
  • Drink about two glasses of wine
  • Catch up on shows on the DVR with the Husband
  • Pass out on the couch during the Part 8 of The Pacific
  • Wake up to watch the end of Part 8
  • Get in bed about 11 p.m.
  • Have alarm set for 6:20

So I really thought I would sleep until my alarm went off. I felt like I woke up every hour. But I did fall back asleep rather quickly. But once I woke up at 5 I could never get back to sleep. So 5:45 I gave up and started to get ready for work. The good thing for my readers is I can write a post before heading to work. I mean, how great is that?

Not that the past few days have been that exciting. But here is the rundown: Our flight out of Amsterdam left three hours late. We had to fly way north of the volcano, over Greenland. We missed our connecting flight in Chicago. But were rebooked for an 8 p.m. flight out of Chicago to SFO. We went through passport, customs and got our luggage and then rechecked and got our new boarding passes. Then through security and close to our gate. We found a place that had pretty good carved sandwiches. I had one beer. While we were waiting to board our flight I started to feel delirious and kinda passed out on the chairs. I don't think that beer helped with my tiredness. Curt and I both zonked out on the flight home. We landed about 11 p.m. and got to our house about midnight.
Sunday morning for some reason I was awake at 4 or 4:30. So I just watched TV and napped throughout the day.
I took Monday off from work. Woke up about 4 again. Watched TV, ran errands, went to the gym, got lots of stuff checked off my to do list. (Though not everything.)
Mom and Fred flew home Monday. They had to spend the night in Denver. But got home late morning Tuesday. Ed and Marilyn flew home Tuesday and had to spend the night in Chicago. They will arrive home sometime today.
So really the little extra travel was the biggest glitch we all had. And I am glad it happened at the end of the trip instead of the beginning. Though when you are ready to come home, you just want to come home.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog of our vacation! And I love the pic of us in front of the Eiffel Tower! I'll never forget that! Thanks for all the terrific memories for the rest of my life!
Hugs -Mama

Monday, May 17, 2010 1:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home