Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gonna do some name dropping ... (Awesome weekend!)

Friday night Curt and I met family friend Tag and my dad and Hilda for drinks and dinner. We had beers at The Trappist, a Belgium beer bar in downtown Oakland, and next door to an awesome restaurant called Tamarindo. It was a really fun night. We hadn't seen Dad and Hilda for some time. So it was nice to catch up. Dinner at Tamarindo was delicious. For dessert I had probably the best Mexican hot chocolate.
Saturday morning Curt and I headed down to Hayward to see Tag play in the Nationwide tournament. It was a gorgeous and sunny day. We watched Tag tee off and then did some relaxing and had lunch. Tag had told us the first 9 holes was a tough walk. So we met back at the 9th hole and watched him play the second half of the course. He played well. We are convinced that we are his good luck charms and we need to reap some financial rewards. :)
Later that evening we met Tag for dinner at La Tratorria Siciliana. That place is always a mob scene. We had a 7:30 reservation and got a table at 8:30. We were all so hungry by the time we sat down. But it was worth the wait. We had an amazing dinner. We had a good time.
Today Jim and Jennifer came over and we headed up to Napa for an event at Andretti Winery. We got to meet Mario. I got a couple of pictures with him and he signed a bottle of wine for me. I told him that I have been a wine club member for five years and this was the first time I got to meet him. They couldn't have picked a better day for the event. It was about 75, sunny and beautiful. We sipped a little wine and hung out for a bit. Then we headed to our favorite Italian restaurant for a yummy lunch. After that we headed to Mumm for a tasting--Jennifer is a member. I had some yummy sparklings and we had some fruit, nuts and crackers. They even had free fuu-fuu water or juice for the designated driver, which was my wonderful husband.
This evening we Skyped with both sets of out of town parents, talked about our upcoming trip. I got a few things done around the house.
Now we are watching The Pacific. This episode is insane. The battle scene is pretty intense.
The photo above is me meeting Mario. I am chatting with him while he signs my bottle of wine. I do have a shot of he and I as buds facing the camera. You may have to wait for a Christmas/holiday card for that shot. :) Or maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home