Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We're bringing back free drinks!

Curt and I used to fly America West (now US Air) a lot when we lived in Phoenix. So we were collecting miles from them. We ditched them when they tried to charge us 30,000 miles one way to Vegas. Gimme a break. Plus we rarely ever flew them once we came to the Bay Area. Now the norm is Southwest and United.
I still get annoying e-mails from them and I need to get off that mailing list.
But today I received an e-mail with the subject line: We're bring back free drinks.
Then the e-mail tells me: On March 1, we're bringing back free drinks in our Coach cabin. This includes sodas, juices, tea, coffee and water on all US Airways and US Airways Express flights.
...
You still have the choice to only pay for the things you want – like checked bags ...

OK, people had to pay for water? And soda? That is ridiculous. I have to say I never want to pay for my checked bags. And when we flew to and back from Maui that was the first time I had to pay for a checked bag. Southwest lets you have two bags checked before they start charging you.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

next you'll get to choose whether you have oxygen masks or flotation devices.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home