Monday, February 23, 2009

It was so hard to get up this morning


I rarely ever hit the snooze button, esp. when my alarm goes off at 7 a.m. But I did. Man, I was exhausted when I got out of bed this morning.
I didn't do much yesterday. Just lounged, did laundry, finished my book, caught up on most of my shows, etc.
So I promised you the dirty and exciting story of us getting home Saturday.
At some point Saturday morning we received an e-mail from United telling us our flight was delayed from 2:40 to 4:18. Then another e-mail saying 5 p.m.
We checked out of our hotel about 11:30 and headed out. We stopped at Lahaina Coolers restaurant for a drink. So I added fuu-fuu drink No. 14 to my count.
After that on to the airport.
Curt dropped me off with the two suitcases and went to return the rental. I met the pineapple guy at the designated spot, which was NOT easy to find. I got my box of six Maui Gold Pineapples and met Curt in the check-in line. They were asking for volunteers to be bumped. The deal was pretty sweet and Curt and I were ready to accept.
We asked what our options were. We wouldn't get in until 12:15 a.m. this morning. Yea, no thanks. I have to work.
So we get our boarding passes. Well, Curt does. I don't. The woman tells me I am No. 2 on the list and she is almost 100% sure I am getting on the flight.
We get to our gate and I get in line with a bunch of other people. They finally tell us seats won't be assigned until 4:30. So Curt and I got get lunch and then head back to the gate, where I stand in line for almost two hours.
(The plane we were supposed to fly home on had 310 seats. Something was wrong with that plane. So the one they sent out had 200 seats. Yea, you do the math.)
At one point the plane is boarding and Curt and I haven't discussed what happens if he gets on the flight and I don't. That is when I had my little break down. I am on the verge of tears. I take my data management card and kinda put it in the guy's face and say, My husband has a seat and I don't. They told me I was No. 2 on the list. Can you check and see if I am getting on the plane? He checks and tells me I have a seat. Wha??? Well, good, but why was I standing there forever? Apparently someone didn't call me when they were supposed to.
So Curt and I run to the boarding line. I somehow luck out and get Economy Plus while Curt is stuck in the back. When we are boarding the plane exhausted and happy to have a seat I see the CEO of Onyx sitting there. HEY!!!!
I ended up sitting next to a United pilot who was supposed to fly the bigger plane home, which was supposed to leave at 2:40.
The flight wasn't bad. I had a good conversation and watched a silly movie. Our plane landed about 12:30 a.m. While waiting for our luggage and pineapple Curt and I chatted with Tony (Onyx CEO) and his wife, Robin.
We had taken BART to the airport and that is how we were gonna get home. So we had to take a Town Car home. That guy drove like a maniac. But he got us home quickly.
Now I am back at work trying to get through e-mails and anything I may have missed.
One of the pineapples pictured above came with me to work, already cut up. Another one went to work with Curt.
Pictures will be going up soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are home and back to work. Sounds like you had a terrific time!... especially starting plans to get back! It was great chatting with you yesterday.
Hugs -M

Monday, February 23, 2009 5:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home