Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another day in paradise

Today was a good day.
After breakfast and filling out some postcards I headed out to the beach for some more sun worshipping. About 12:30 I came in for lunch.
We saw some whales during breakfast and I saw a few playing when I was out at the beach. The whales have been very active this trip.
Curt and I took a drive in the afternoon. We headed to Wailuku to check it out. Not a whole lot going on. Though they did have their own Cash for Gold store. 
After that to Ioa Needle. Man, that place was amazing. The peak is one of Maui's famous landmarks. 
We then drove through Kahului. I missed most of it since I had something in my eye. When I wear my contacts and get something in my eye it is very painful and I usually can't even get my eye open. To make my life easier I just shut both eyes and waited for the foreign object to finally tear out of my eye.
We came back to our room and relaxed and did some reading. Now that I am done with the Twilight series I am back with Jodi Picoult books. On this trip I started Second Glance. At first I wasn't that in to it. But as the story unfolds I can't stop reading. But I know how much you all need an update I pulled myself away. :) Curt is reading Fantasyland, which he seems to really be enjoying.
Tonight we had dinner reservations at Sansei. An amazing sushi restaurant. We got there a little early and had a beer at the bar. The bartender told us her favorite roll. We made sure to order that and some other yummy rolls. One I ordered was called the Volcano. And it looked like one. (I took a pic.) It was delicious.
Now we are back in our room. I am tired. I can't seem to stay up much later than 9/9:30 p.m. these Maui days. I hope to read a little of my book.
Tomorrow we are going on a snorkeling trip to Lanai. I am looking forward to it. 
And sad to say my fuu-fuu drink update is still at 6. I only had beer today. But don't you worry that number will change ... soon.
Good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

was it at least fru-fru beer?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 11:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the "sushi volcano"! Hope you took a pic of you in your snorkling suit! Continue to have fun! Hugs -M

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home