Sunday, February 15, 2009

Whale watching

Today was a nice day.
Curt and I headed to the Castaway Cafe for breakfast. After that back to the room to get ready for the beach.
I lounged on the beach for a couple of hours, reading, people watching, listening to music. Curt hung with me for a little while. He spent some time in the room reading out on the lanai (sp?) aka deck.
I saw a whale or two from pretty far away.
I came back in about 11:30 and we headed out to lunch for traditional Hawaiian lunch. It was so good. And I had some really good garlic fries. They were so different than what we are used to. I also had my first fuu-fuu drink, Hawaiian Punch.
After lunch we hit the grocery to pick up a few things. We are staying at a hotel condominium. So we have essentially a studio apartment.
After that some more lounging in our room. And then we went for a walk on the beach. We got a great view of two whales. It was likely a mama and her calf. They played for the longest time--for our pure entertainment, I am sure. They weren't too far away so we got a pretty good view of them. It was really neat.
After our walk we hit the Castaway Cafe for a drink. I had No. 2 fuu-fuu drink: Castaway Cooler. Then back to our room for a little more lounging. We discovered a horrific show on MTV called From Gs to Gents. I can't believe shows like this exist. And people actually watched it. I think we watched more out of horror than anything. But whatever gets people to watch it, right?
I got cleaned up and we headed out to Lahaina for dinner. We planned to go to this place we ate at twice last time--where Curt got the honker crab leg. CLOSED! Strike two. On our way to find another dinner spot we ran into Curt's physical therapist and his wife. Curt knew he would be here about the same time as us. It was funny and cool to run into them.
I don't even remember the name of the place we ate at. But it was good. The service was good. And I am thinking we will be back. There I had fuu-fuu drink No. 3: Dickenson Street Lemonade. Yummy!
Now we are back in the room with our sliding glass door open enjoying the breeze.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Keep the reports coming. If we can't be there with you, your posts are the next best thing.

Monday, February 16, 2009 6:07:00 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I guess the economy is affecting everyone! So glad to hear that you are having a fun, relaxing time.

Monday, February 16, 2009 7:21:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

so with your Hawaiian Punch did it come with a big guy in tights yelling "OH YEAH!!!"

Monday, February 16, 2009 8:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! Cool pic from the cafe.
So how many umbrellas from the fuu-fuu drinks are you planning on collecting? Enjoy! Hugs -M

Monday, February 16, 2009 5:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home