Sunday, October 19, 2008

Knitting and buttery crab goodness

Lots of knitting has been going on this weekend. I am more than half way done with No. 20 military beanie. And that is my last one. I can't believe it. And what is more unbelievable is that I never got bored with this project. I mean the same thing day after day ... But I am excited to ship these 20 beanies off along with all the others friends have made. If you are making beanies and want to send them with the November shipping to The Ships Project you need to get them to me sometime the last week of October. I need to have time to label all the beanies and get them packed up for shipping on Nov. 3.

So most of the weekend consisted of knitting. But last night we had dinner with our friends Jason and Bernadette. They came over to our place and then the four of us headed to Art's Crab Shak for buckets of crab. (It's a good thing I worked out for two hours at the gym.) We each had a beer and put on our plastic bibs and ate lots of yummy buttery crab. We also had garlic bread and cole slaw. Yum!
After dinner we went back to our place so everyone could wash their buttery hands. Then to McNally's for a beer. We had a lot of fun with them. Good time!

Before leaving Art's you can buy some gum to cover up that beer breath.

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

see it would have been a much better story if you ate crab WHILE knitting. that would have been somethin... :O)

Monday, October 20, 2008 8:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on alt the beanies!
Good chatting with you! Can't wait to see you two! Hugs -M

Monday, October 20, 2008 4:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home