Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I am finished!

I put my last stitch in my last military beanie last night. I made a total of 20 100% wool beanies for The Ships Project.
I will be mailing them out along with the other beanies friends have made in the Nov. 1-7 mailing.
So, if you have beanies you are sending me I need them next week to be able to sort, label and pack up and have ready to mail on Nov. 3.
Don't forget that if you still want to participate in making beanies the next available mailing is Jan. 1-7. Or you can make a donation to The Ships Project to help with the postage costs.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very impressed! Good job! -M

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome job you did, and for such a great cause.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Ann! I have one more hat to go, and then I'm shipping them off to you. (Do I have your address? Can you send it to me?)

And I'm going to label mine with wool/care content along with a little "thanks for your service" note, so you don't have to worry about labeling mine. :-)

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ann (and all charity-minded knitters):

I've found what can perhaps be our next group charity knitting project.

The Orphan Foundation of America sends care packages to college kids who have aged out of the foster-care system. Included in those packages are handknit scarves.

Check out orphan.org/index.php?id=40 and see what you think.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home