Thursday, August 07, 2008

My second attempt at a simple task ...

was much easier than last time but still requires a story. I get to the storage place right when they open. I check in and head to our unit. There was a step ladder right near our unit. Perfect. I just had to maneuver it around a corner. With your foot you have to hold down the release and then push the ladder. I just couldn't get it around the corner. I was huffing and puffing (and wearing heels, yes, smart, I know). I gave up on that stupid ladder. I went to another one that was a straight push to the unit--it was just farther away. That one was much easier to maneuver. But when I pushed it up to the unit I realized the barrier up top was blocking the side I needed to get into.
So I decided to wise up and go ask for help. Al was very nice and helpful and got the ladder in place and just moved the barrier from one side to the other. Hmmm, didn't realize I could do that.
I climbed up (just sunk into the steps a time or two with my heels), grabbed the backpack Curt needs and headed out.
Whew!
And also now the paperwork is on file that I can have locks cut off or whatever I want from now on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you were able to get into the storage unit! I bet Curt was pleased that you retrieved his backpack for him.
Have a good day at work. hugs -M

Thursday, August 07, 2008 2:25:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

so how come you didn't bring non-heels for this task?? although it does make the story more badass... :O)

Friday, August 08, 2008 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

here's the hilarious part, i had flip flops in my purse.
the reason is because i don't think about it. it is just poor planning on my part.
and i am actually become more and more comfortable in heels.

Friday, August 08, 2008 11:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home