Monday, August 04, 2008

I've got a little breather

So I will update you on our weekend in Reno. We got to our hotel, the Sands, about 11:30 p.m. Got our room keys and headed to our room.
OK, file this in the that's never happened to me before: Curt used his key to open the door and there was a guy already in our room. We all just kinda stared at each other not sure what to do. (And thankfully he was clothed.) We headed back downstairs and the hotel upgraded us to a nicer room. Sweet! We were on the top floor--17.
Saturday morning we headed to Will Call to get our tickets. They weren't there quite yet when Curt asked for them. The lady asked who was leaving them. Curt told her Tag Ridings, one of the players. She offered him two VIP passes to the Legends Tent (or whatever it was called) if he promised Tag would visit. Dang it! Curt wouldn't do it.
We got to the first hole about 10 minutes before Tag teed off. Tag's father-in-law was also following him. We found Bill, I think, at Hole 3. It was a warm day--but I kinda liked it. That was a hard course for me to walk. (My butt is still sore! But at least it was a good workout since I didn't workout over the weekend.)
After Tag was finished we headed back to our hotel to get cleaned up. We met later for dinner with Tag, Bill and some friends of theirs. Good food and fun time.
I was exhausted after dinner. Curt walked around a bit and I pretty much zonked out watching Lifetime in the room. Not too often does a hotel room have Lifetime.
Sunday morning I had a mani/pedi at the hotel salon. The salon was kinda a dump. The woman who gave me my mani/pedi did a great job. But it still was overpriced. And they didn't even have a real pedicure chair. It was ridiculous what Nicky had to set up to give me a pedicure.
Curt and I headed out soon after that. We hit Cabela's on the way home. There is one right outside of Reno. I had never actually been the one of their stores. It was huge. So much stuff. We had lunch at Cabela's, looked at some guns and other stuff and then headed out.
It took us about 4 1/2 hours to get home (traffic). About an hour longer than normal. Oh, and we saw some guy's truck on fire on the side of the road. Earlier a cop had gone barreling down the freeway. Well, that is where he was headed.
So last night I just lounged, watched the last 2 episodes of Season 4 of The Wire, did some laundry, and then started watching Arrested Development.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time in Reno. It was good chatting with you last night. Have a good week.
Hugs -M

Monday, August 04, 2008 6:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home