Friday, August 01, 2008

It all makes sense now

I wore soft contacts many years ago (for about 2 years in 1999 through 2000). I could never wear them for very long because after a while it was hard to see. I thought a lot of it had to do with my allergies, which I am sure some of it did. But I had to have had my dry-eye syndrome then. I used to get what I lovingly called Devil Eye in my left eye. One day one of my co-workers looked at me and said, what is wrong with your eye Ann? I was like, I dunno. I can't see it.
The contact eye doc I had then I saw twice. Once for the contact eye exam and the second time to get the contacts and put them in my eye. I realized I was never really given a thorough explanation on how to put them in and take them out. The first time I put them in myself it took a half an hour.
My current eye doc, Dr. Yokoi, sees me about every 3 weeks. Until he is sure these contacts work for me he is gonna keep seeing me. I still haven't gotten a new eye glass prescription until he is 100% sure these contacts are the ones I am going to wear for some time.
For the past three days I have been documenting when I put my contacts in, when I use my special drops, what time I have to take out to clean, etc. I want to see if there is anything else contributing to the film on my contact(s) besides the dry-eye syndrome. I haven't worn eye make-up for the past three days either. I will wear it next week and see what happens.
I have been taking my fish oil supplements since Monday. And those things are huge capsules. Anyone who knows me fairly well knows I pretty much can't swallow any pill larger than an Advil. So I have to puncture the stupid capsule and squeeze the oil into a spoon and then I mix with a little yogurt and swallow. Bleh. The oil isn't too bad--slightly fishy.
Yum, huh?

Reno this weekend

Curt and I are heading to Reno tonight. Poff family friend Tag Ridings is a professional golfer and is playing in Reno this weekend. At the end of yesterday Tag was tied for 6th place. So we are gonna get to see him play some golf this weekend.

Congrats to friend and co-worker ...

Graciela. My friend Graciela delivered a beautiful baby girl this morning. Victoria was 6.7 lbs and 19 inches long. She was born at 6:34 a.m. Graciela has been on bedrest for some time. And I am so happy to hear her bundle of joy is here. Victoria joins the family with her parents and big brother, Josue.
I guess our visit last weekend was perfetly planned with the delivery of all the gifts.

4 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

they also sell fish oil in a liquid form so you don't have do all the work of puncturing and squeezing.

Friday, August 01, 2008 9:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

oh, that's good to know about the fish oil. i've taken those tablets before and they are really big.

Saturday, August 02, 2008 4:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't wear contacts until I was in my twenties, and only because I worked for an optometrist and he wanted me to demonstrate the new colored lenses. It was so creepy, trying to get those things in and out of my eyes without poking one out!

By the way, it was so great to meet you at the BlogHer Conference this year. I had a fabulous time in that City by the Bay. Hopefully we can meet again in the future!

Sunday, August 03, 2008 9:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Graciela said...

Oh my goodness...I'm honored! You mentioned us. I looked up the date because I'm corny and always look up Josue and Victoria's birthdays. I like to see what the world was doing while I was pushing these kids out. I know...I'm weird. Just my thing I guess. Anyhow...thanks...I'm blushing.

Friday, April 24, 2009 2:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home