Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wednesday

There is an actual channel here that plays music videos. Can you believe that? Right now is Madonna and JT with 4 minutes. I have to admit I love that song. Anyway, we have 10 channels. Woooo! Our TV is 14 inches and we have 10 channels. At home we have a 42 inch plasma TV with probably about 500 channels. One channel here always has billiards on. 

OK, on to our our day. Oh, I have to mention first that our key cards have been having issues ... as in they stop working. We keep taking them to the front desk. They have told us to keep them away from credit cards and mobiles. We have. It happened again tonight. When Curt took his the guy finally looked into it. They keys had no end date so they kept resetting themselves. I knew it wasn't us. Tonight when I took mine up to the front desk the guy told me to keep it away from my mobile. And I told him I hadn't even been carrying my mobile.

OK, now really to our day ... we had lunch at Davy's. I had a delicious risotto plate and Curt had a yummy ham plate. Our food was really good. The day was wet, cold and windy. It wore us out. So after lunch we decided to come back to the room. On the way to the hotel from our Tube stop our umbrella turned inside out and bonked me in the head. We got back to the room and took a nap. After that we got cleaned up for Mama Mia! We had dinner at a cafe in the train station. When Curt ordered his hamburger the guy told him we don't have hamburger we have beef burger. I had a potato jacket (baked potato) with bacon and brie. Yum! After that we headed to Piccadilly Circus and got our tickets for the show. Then we headed to a pub for a drink. Tonight was the Liverpool v. Chelsea game. I did feel bad that Curt couldn't watch the football match because we had tickets to Mama Mia! We booked the tickets about six months ago. And we couldn't really trade them in--we could hope someone decided to buy them. But there were no guarantees. 

After the pub we headed to the theatre. I had a drink before. I wanted champagne. The cheapest champagne was a small bottle for 26 pounds. Curt ordered at the bar and was not gonna pay 50 bucks for champagne. I only wanted one glass. So he got me wine, which was fine. I really enjoyed Mama Mia! It entertaining and a lot of fun. Curt was able to track the score of the match on his iPhone. The game was still going when the show let out so we went back to the pub we were at earlier and caught the last 5 mins--which were quite exciting. 

After the show we headed back to our hotel to have a drink in the bar/restaurant. After that we came back up to the room. I brought my beer with me. Curt and I wanted some crisps. So he went to the store across the street to get some crisps and a beer for himself. Now we are watching bad TV.

Oh, Curt wants me to double-space my paragraphs. He thinks it reads easier. I personally don't think it matters. But I do think it makes the physical post longer than necessary. But I will oblige ... this time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

The double spaces look, well, odd. Sorry, Curt :-)

I've really enjoyed reading both of your blogs during your trip. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you.

I seem to detect a theme though: Lots of drinking. Excellent!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 8:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your umbrella episode seems like from a movie! I loved Mama Mia. It was so much fun to see... but how special in London! Continue to enjoy! Hugs -M

Thursday, May 01, 2008 7:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you going to actual British food, things like kidney pie, bangers and mash? Gail

Thursday, May 01, 2008 12:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home