Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Long but good day

Yesterday was a long but good day. So long that I came back to the hotel exhausted and wasn't in the mood for any blog updates.
Yesterday morning (I am still not getting up super early yet--the sleep is getting better) we headed out to meet a former Macworld UK person for lunch. Curt is really connected to these Macworld UK people. I met some of the in January for the Expo. Anyway, so we got there early so Curt and I found a cafe and had coffee/not chocolate. (By the way, there are cafes everywhere.) After our drink we went to David's office. He is now a PR guy. He took us to lunch called the Banana Store. I know Banana was in the name. It was really good. I decided to order the chorizo dish to see what it tasted liked. It was sausage that was fairly spicy with potatoes and salad. Yum! Afterward we went to the first pub in London called The George. Apparently Charles Dickens and W. Shakespeare used to drink there.
After that David went back to work and Curt and I headed to The Tower of London. We took part of a tour, which was fun. Our tour guide, Paul, was cool. There was a lot of killings and torture that went on in those towers. Ann Boleyn (sp?) was killed there. I guess she was afraid of the ax so she was killed by sword. They both sound horrendous to me. We also looked at the crowned jewels. Very gaudy. To view some of the crowns we stood on a people mover and slowly moved down to look at them. We walked around some of the towers, including the bloody tower.
After that we headed to Macworld UK to meet friends for drinks. They just moved to new offices so they wanted us to see. Very nice. Curt got to meet people who only e-mails with. He seemed pretty popular with that group. A group of us went out for drinks, Karen, Mark, James, Rosie and Curt and myself. We had a lot of fun. We ended up eating dinner, there, too. Good stuff. Poor Karen (my twin, we have the same birthdate) was having tooth issues. She was a good sport and stayed out a good amount of time before she had to go home and rest. 
So it was a good and exhausting day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

The sausage dish sounds great. I could probably eat sausage three times a day if I had to. The only issue I think I would have traveling abroad is the obvious absence of biscuits and gravy and garlic fries.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:05:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

wow british chorizon... you're brave! i love that you went to a pub for lunch and your buddy went back to work after. ha! love the brits!

kate

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a beer for me at The George. That is so cool to drink where Dickens and Shakespeare drank!!! And the Tower sounds interesting! Have fun. Hugs -M

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home