Monday, January 07, 2008

Wet weekend

Didn't do a whole lot this weekend since the weather was so miserable.
When I drove home Friday it had stopped raining. So the drive home was just fine. I was so tired Friday night that when I got home I took a little nap on the couch. After that I watched Spider-Man 3. Ehh, it was OK. I just recently watched 2 so I was excited to see 3. It was OK. Not bad, not good.
Saturday I was pretty much a lazy bum and layed around all day. Watched For Your Consideration. It was better than I thought it was gonna be.
Saturday night we headed to The Trappist for Cyrus' 26th birthday. Almost everyone we hung around with that night was in their 20s. Now there is nothing wrong with being in your 20s. It was just weird. And it made me feel old. Anyway, had good beer at The Trappist. Then afterward we had dinner at a place called Spices 3. It was a Chinese restaurant. We tried all kinds of crazy stuff. Everything was so good and spicy. Yum! I bet Joe 10 bucks he couldn't eat one of those crazy red peppers. He did it. He told me if I ate one I could win my 10 bucks back. Those things aren't that hot. I really thought they would be on fire. Joe said he felt bad taking my 10 bucks. Curt even ate one.
Sunday more laziness. Tho. the sun came out, which was nice. Joey and I headed to Petsmart for his every 2-months nail trim. We get there and there is no one to actually cut his nails. Apparently you have to be certified to cut a cat's nails. You have to be kidding me. So I buy what I need at Petsmart--but I have to stand there waiting for a cashier for like 5 minutes. The customer service at that P-mart sucks. They are never busy. I have no idea how they ever make money. The Petsmart I worked at in college was always busy on weekends. All 5 registers were running. Anyway, I finally get to buy my stuff and head to Petco. Luckily there was a groomer there who could cut Joey's nails. Whew! Both Mama and Joey were stressed on that one.
Came home and put away all the Christmas stuff. Took down our tree. Curt put up a window ledge for Joey. He hasn't quite taken to it yet.
Vegged the rest of the day. Watched The Artic Tale. It was pretty cute. Man, global warming is really happening. Why are people denying it?
This morning yoga was packed. Like double the amount of people normally in the class. Some new person took my regular spot! Jerk. :)

I found out some very sad news this morning. A family friend, Keith Busch, had a heart attack over the weekend and died. Keith was only in his 50s. Last year in March, (I am having linking issues) Keith and his wife, Kathy, lost their son Cody. Cody had been missing a week and his body was found in a lake. The Busch family has already been through so much. My heart goes out to the family again for another horrible tragedy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. I think I remember you mentioning Cody.

You are right about Spidey 3. Not good, not bad. But a lot of people thought it sucked.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home