Thursday, December 20, 2007

Soggy Socks!

So I walk into the kitchen this morning and step in a puddle of water. What the H? I realize it is coming out of the pantry. I start checking things and can't figure out where the water is coming from. I check the emergency water container we have (part of our earthquake kit) and the outside is dry. I clean all the water, move some stuff out of the pantry to dry. Then right before I leave for work I decide to check again. Small puddle in the pantry. OK, where is it coming from? We have a cooler stocked with canned foods and all sorts of stuff as part of our emergency kit. I notice water trickling down that. Then I realize it is the water container. I grab it and see that it has a hole at the bottom. Good thing I found it when I did or that water would have slowly dumped into our pantry throughout the day. We are probably due for a new thing of water anyway. After awhile you have to replace that stuff.

Back on time

So it dawned on me last night that I have another functioning watch. Years ago I got a watch from Gannett for 5 years of slave labor ... I mean service. But I knew that battery was dead, too. That isn't the watch I am thinking of. :) For my birthday Curt gave me a watch/heart monitor. The watch is a little bulky for everyday use--but at this point I will take what I can get. I shoulda worn the monitor part, too. Then I could tell everyone what my heart rate is all day.

It's finally Thursday. All day Tuesday I kept thinking it was Thursday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, December 21, 2007 5:56:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

i hope i get a watch -- something -- after my five years. (i'm working toward year four.)

Friday, December 21, 2007 5:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home