Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's the little things

I like to give out holiday or Christmas cards or whatever you want to call them. I was a little behind this year. I just handed out cards at work yesterday. Most people just get a regular card that I buy at Michaels or wherever and some get the card Curt and I send out.
I got so many thank yous yesterday for the cards. It is amazing how something so simple can be so rewarding.

I was in charge of the food drive and the toy drive this year. I really enjoyed myself. We have 4 bins that are overflowing with toys for ECAP to pick up today. It warms my heart to know that so many kids will have something to open this Christmas because of people willing to do a little extra shopping or donate money to me and let me do the shopping. We are all so lucky to have so much. I hate that Christmas has turned into such a greed fest. It is so gross.
I would like to share the list of toys I purchased with the money (almost $1,200) people donated to me from Onyx. I think the list is grand:

From Best Buy:
3 little boom boxes
Karaoke machine
4 mini Disney digital cameras
American Idol key chain mini digital camera
Remote control helicopter
2 20 questions electronics games
4 Sudoku electronic games
Deal or No Deal game controller (for TV)
Spiderman game controller (for TV)
Hello Kitty digital camera
2 DVD players
2 MP3 players
4 Best Buy gift cards

From Target:
Sequence board game
Apples to Apples board game
Risk board game
Yahtzee
Boggle
Cranium
Ms. Pacman game controller (for TV)
2 Tetris handheld games
Solataire handheld game
Super Pacman game controller (for TV)
Qwitch cards
Uno cards
My Word cards
Blink cards
4 CD Walkmans
2 sets of walkie talkies
Batteries
3 mini Disney digital cameras
Hannah Montana handheld game
Travel Blokus game
Jenga
Big pack of football cards
Big pack of baseball cards
4 Target gift cards

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! ou bought GREAT gifts! Good job! You would maske a terrific Santa's elf! Hugs -Mama

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 10:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great list.

And batteries, smart!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

you know. it is nice to give, knowing that a little something brightened someone else's day.

i think it's just as nice to say "thank you" and brighten the giver's day.

i guess that's why it irks me when i put some thought into something for someone and don't ever get a "thank you." !!!

Friday, December 21, 2007 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I totally know what you mean Jodie. I am the same way.
I am a big believer in thank-you cards. But not everyone takes the time for that. At least send an e-mail, make a phone call, something!!!
I have already started my "Christmas thank-you list" for people who I have for some reason or another opened the gift. I like to wait until Christmas to open my stuff.

Saturday, December 22, 2007 7:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home