Sunday, December 16, 2007

For One More Day

Instead of going to the gym this morning and running the errands that I will now have to do tomorrow I watched "For One More Day." I read Mitch Albom's "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" and absolutely loved it. I was skeptical when they made it into a movie. But the movie was so good and followed the book perfectly. I haven't read "For One More Day." But the movie was so good. Michael Imperioli is such a great actor.
I have also had an easy morning today because yesterday I was go, go, go. Curt even commented that I got a lot done yesterday.

I hit Target a little after 8 yesterday morning. I got a lot of great stuff for Onyx's toy drive. I had a little more than 500 bucks to spend. I think I did well buying things. I also got a few things for Curt's work toy drive.
After Target the dreaded mall. Luckily a little before 10 there aren't many people there, even around the holidays. I only encountered 2 obnoxious children--one crying in Sears and another in the mall screaming for his mother. She was obviously ignoring him. But that didn't stop him from screaming over and over again, MOM!!!
I went to Kay Jewelers to get my 6-month warranty check and cleaning on my engagement ring. I was also able to get a new battery for my watch--which is lifetime guarantee. So if it dies again I can take it back to the store and get a new battery free. One of the stones was loose in my ring (apparently only being held on by the gunk in the ring--lovely) so it had to be sent out for repair. Which means I have to go back to the mall in 2 weeks to pick it up.
When I got home from my errands Curt and I went and got our tree. We set it up and had a little breakfast. Then we did some cleaning of the house before we decorated the tree while listening to Christmas music, thanks to digital cable.

A picture of our fully decorated tree. The lights are on--but you can't really tell because of the flash. On the left is my new Speedy ornament. The chiminea lights up. I love it. On the right is Sputnik. That ornament is at least 50 years old and will need surgery soon. My dad made it when he was a kid. My mom passed the ornament on to me when I started having my own Christmas trees.

I also got a couple of more knitting projects done. We are attending a cocktail / see our house boat / meet our new baby today. I made the big sister (who I think is 3) a cotton candy scoa. I started it Friday and finished it yesterday.
I need to start my studying again today. I so don't want to. Maybe I will do the errands I put off instead.

Oh, I made ornaments this year--inspired by a former co-worker of Curt's mom. She made us these cute reindeer ornaments one year. So I recreated for co-workers this year. I gave all the admins theirs Friday. They were a HUGE hit. I knew people would like them and think they are cute--cuz they are. But I had no idea they would like them as much as they did. One woman's partner is an elementary teacher. I think she is going to do it as a project for her kids this week.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

are those peanuts? too cute!

Monday, December 17, 2007 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yes, they are.
They were a huge hit with the admin group.

Monday, December 17, 2007 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

We got your Christmas card - you are so thoughtful!!! Faith thinks it's just for her and she hung it on the fridge herself, with her Barbie magnets! Thank you so much!!!

Which ornament is Sputnik? The pink one? I absolutely love ornaments with family history. This Christmas is a little disappointing for us so far since we don't have any decorations, etc.. I'm just praying will have weather to fly to OKC!!

The reindeer are precious!

Monday, December 17, 2007 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

oh yea!!!! Faith is so cute.
A package is coming her way--which really is just for her.
Yup, the pink one is Sputnik. That thing has been on its last leg for years. I will have to check with my dad on the actual year he made that.

Monday, December 17, 2007 11:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sputnik" is what my mom called it after the Russians sent up a satellite in 1957. I think I made it as a second grader, so that would have been 1956.
-- "Old Timer" dad

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home