Friday, December 21, 2007

Cyrus, I went to The Trappist

Last night Curt and I met friends John and Nicole for drinks. We first hit Pacific Coast Brewery for a beer and a bite to eat. Then to The Trappist--a new Belgian beer bar in downtown Oakland. The place is pretty small. We had to stand for a bit. But eventually we got some seats. The beer I had was really yummy--had a slight sweet taste to it.
So the actual bar is beautiful. Brick wall with amazing woodwork. It is just gorgeous. I didn't get a close look at the bartop--but from what I could tell the wood was beautiful.

Today is my last day of work ... then I have the next 11 days off. We have some good stuff planned: Second annual Cheesemas with Phil and Lisa tonight; Jim and Stef come through town tomorrow night (yummy dinner will be had); cocktail party at Monica's tomorrow night; Sunday taking it easy--probably meeting my old college buddy Dan for drinks in our neighborhood; Monday (Christmas Eve) I will be taking a yoga class in the afternoon, then Curt and I will spend Christmas Eve together on our own, we will have the traditional Poff shrimp dinner; Tuesday (Christmas Day) tamales for breakfast (my family tradition), then in the afternoon off to our friends' Alexa and Darius' Open House; Wednesday: Lunch and knitting with the girls (Alicia, Sue and Alexa); Thursday: Scrapbooking with Alex and Mia at Mia's; Friday: Hanging out with Mia in my hood; Friday evening Curt and our friend Dan from Salem will attend the Emerald Bowl and then we might have a drink or something afterward.
Whew! OK, I am done for now. I will also do some studying each morning. I am on a roll. So I should be done soon. Oh, and I will be hitting the gym today. (It is only closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day.)

Happy Holidays everyone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it!

Friday, December 21, 2007 5:25:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

did i miss something? how come you get 11 days off?

either way, enjoy it! sounds like you've got some great plans with great company. (:

merry christmas!

Friday, December 21, 2007 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Jodie--Onyx is very generous and is giving all of its employees time off between Christmas and New Year's. This is the first year they are doing this.

Saturday, December 22, 2007 7:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home