Sunday, October 21, 2007

Like a good neighbor

Curt and I interacted with neighbors today Wow-wee! Our street had a block party today. I made a butternut squash curry salad for the event. It came out pretty good. People seemed to like it. I am always a little worried when I stray from my standards: chips and salsa, cheese enchiladas, etc. I am getting a little more experimental with cooking and recipes. I also made Curt macaroons. We saw a recipe on the back of a Saltines box one day. And I made them last night for him as part of his anniversary gift. He seems to really like them.
Anyway, the block party was nice. They had a jumping castle for the kids. I didn't jump or even attempt to. There was live music: and Irish band and then a jazz band. I prefered the jazz band. We met a few neighbors. We also met a couple who lives across the street from us who seem to be around our age. I knew there were a lot of kids around. But man, they are all over our street. (I wonder if I need to get more Halloween candy.) The food was really good. We just ate all sides and they were yummy.
Curt got back from Toronto last night. He actually ran into one of our friends from Oaktown. David is a new friend and part of our Tuesday Night Social Club. Anyway, Curt seemed to have a good time and went to some good sessions while there.

Pics of the jazz band. In the first pic you can see me way to the left chatting with our new friends. In the third pic you can see our beige duplex in the background.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

A block party, how fun!

And you really didn't jump on the jumping castle??? (:

Monday, October 22, 2007 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

No, since I really didn't know anyone I felt weird about it.

Monday, October 22, 2007 12:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home